Microsoft Teams is one of the most popular enterprise communication cloud platforms. Users can create teams easily with colleagues, customers and partners. However, corporates are facing governance problems, including Team sprawl, confusing naming, inconsistent structures, orphan groups, etc.. These issues lead to compliance and security risks, and poor user adoptions.
What is Microsoft Teams
It’s the hub for teamwork in Microsoft 365
+500,000 Companies use Teams
17% Reduced Times for decision-making
Save 4H/Week with the increase of collaboration
18.9% Reduce time spent on meetings
How Teams help corporate collaboration?
Due to the changes of modern workplace, the use of cloud collaboration tools becomes a norm in corporations. Microsoft Teams is one of the fastest growing communication applications. It supports not only persistent but also threaded chats to keep everyone engaged. Teams conversations can be view in private, among the teams and even in specific channels.
Microsoft Teams brings together the full breadth and depth of Microsoft 365 to provide an integrated hub for teamwork. With the use of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, OneNote, Planner, Power BI and so on, people can have all the information and tools with a single sign-on and compatible to Microsoft 365 advanced security.
How to get every "Teams" in control
4 Painpoints for Microsoft Teams Governance
- New self-creation without control
- Unmanageable after rollout
- Waste cloud resources
- Compliance issues
- Poor user experience
- Improper, confusing and non-standard naming methods
- Hard to navigate, discover and collaborate
- Even might enter wrong teams
- Used as personal file storage and share
- No owner after leaving
- Hidden unmanageable
- No templates in speedy creation
- Inconsistent use of channels, tags and apps
- Hard to apply common changes to multiple Teams
Make it easier for the users to do the “right” thing
Functions of Powell Teams
· Create Teams templates with predefined settings. All the mandatory channels, tabs and applications, will be created according to company best practice.
· Only users in specific role can access to the specific Teams template, e.g. only Salesperson can create Teams using Sales Template.
· Prevent the creation of duplicate Teams with approval workflows. The designated template approvers can review if there is any existing or similar Teams, and approve or reject the Teams creation.
· Ensure Teams names with consistency and easily understandable. Team names can be auto-generated by defining searchable tags, auto-numbers, dates, text segment, etc.
· Promote recent activities, news, documents, events and conversations
· Filter keywords in tags to pinpoint targeted Teams
· Add Teams to My favourite for easy access
· Avoid orphan Teams by maintaining minimum number of active owners and members
The Powell Teams difference
We make Microsoft Teams governance easier
Powell Teams is an adoption and governance app that will advance and strengthen your company’s Microsoft Teams usage. Add new features, templatize engaging page designs, build governance and make your Microsoft Teams environment easy to use for employees on every level. With Superhub’s Teams best-practice consultancy, you can utilize Powell Teams in days after installation.
Users can access to designated Teams and corresponding information easily by searchable tags, favourite and promoted Teams. This will shorten the learning path of new and existing employees. Users are more willing to collaborate in Teams, and more information is shared inside, to form a valuable corporate knowledge base. Hence it can improve the overall productivity.
Teams creation is under control with the best practice designed templates to improve the usability of Teams. Number of inactive or abandoned Teams can be reduced to save cloud resources. Life cycle management to archive expired Teams to contain the risk of sensitive information leakage. Corporate data security can be enhanced.
With improved user adoption and governance, users are encouraged to access to key Office 365 features, including Planner, Power BI, Files, Tasks, etc., without leaving Microsoft Teams application. Microsoft Teams can be transformed into Intranet Communication Portal with employee self-service function, e.g. eLeave, eClaims, eOnboarding in Superhub’s App365+ HR apps portfolio.
How to integrate with teams
Powell Teams can be installed into your organization’s Office 365 tenant via Teams’ App marketplace, or via Superhub’s marketplace. A new icon for Powell Teams will be on the sidebar, and every functions and features can be accessed there. Powell Teams does not require a service account with password for security concern. It leaves no footprint in your Office 365 tenant and has no impact on your content and structure even after uninstallation. As data security is also the most important topic, only Teams template data will be kept on Powell’s Azure datacentres, without any organization contents.
Superhub enables our customers with consultancy service on Customers’ best practices to achieve governance and compliance. The best practices are tested and adopted by ourselves and our clients.
Superhub ensures our customers that the project will be implemented as smooth and easy as possible. Our experienced project and technical teams can help you to plan, design and deploy the solution so you can focus on your business.
Superhub’s Online Market Place provides a one-stop shop experience to our customers in managing their subscription, invoicing and support services